Blog Archive

Monday, February 8, 2010

Freedom Of Will !!!!





Hit the starter
the rumble of the power
final cursory checks, pressure is right
the engine warms
the clunk of the stand being folded
armor secure, helmet fastened
glide out of the driveway
heading on another journey
finally the freeway exit

Escape, freedom, anticipation a machine as my steed
steel, alloys, carbon and plastics,
power at your fingertips, superior build and design
an open road
a freedom of will
the senses coming alive

challenges, danger the feeling of flight
this is just right

A series of corners
a line, a path
twisties cutting through the heart
this is me, this is who I am
this is just right
I am smiling

Pushing through, looking ahead
my choice of line
is it just right?
with speed set, a quick turn in
eyeing the exit
all external thought forgotten
I am in the moment
roll of the throttle

The next corner and exit appears
I am positioned right
relax, focus, turn in with a flick
the lean angle more than slight
the exit changes to a new final point
the power is controllable, on the gas
the tire spins, turning quicker
the exit assaulted, I am in the zone

How do I explain this to my friends and family?
What aspect will they understand
do I try to explain it or is it just wasted?
near impossible to get this right
this is the road less traveled
only a few would understand
my fellow riders are the few
my souls of the heart

I ascend the mountains
grabbing a quick glance
a spectacular mountain scenery
that could be disastrous by bad chance
downward straights with more to see
the horizon is rising
focus is strong, still drawn to steal a glance
at speed a second is an eternity
300 feet a second

The twisties approach
redefined anticipation
I do it all again
I am in the zone
everything else is second

This is not a phase
this is a riders life blood
I do not fight this urge
I embrace it
(Unfinished work)

3 comments:

  1. it felt like You were seducing the parts and were hypnotized by the road .

    Sexy piece . loved the part when to say that the others wont understand .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poetry for the steel, poetry for the wheel! :) The Freeway exit has embraced you tight - It's a decade since you wrote this and you still have the fired-up rider's soul in you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Would like to know your thoughts / suggestions about my post. So, please punch in those words. :-)